We have noticed a spike in 401s from Instagram over the last few days that might have affected some of our users, we are working hard to find a solution around this as this is currently affecting all tools that rely on Instagram data.
Instagram has changed something to reduce number of requests we can make to their API and increased the rate limits at which they happen – usually these were not a problem for us but now with the reduced number of requests we can make and hitting rate limits being much higher it’s having a negative effect on the service.
We have added a temporary fix which should give our users some of the functionality back and increase the chances of a successful response from Instagram.
We will keep you posted on the progress but please keep in mind that this is affecting every website out there and not just us.
All the best!